Living the American Dream
FROM THE EASTERN BLOCK, TO ROME, TO NYC TO HERE, WITH YOU!
I was born in Koper, Slovenia and the first thing I noticed was that the city I was born in had all this amazing typography everywhere. It seared into my brain a love of type and design and poetic order.
Just kidding, I think.
But I do wonder how those those early days in Europe influenced me. I learned to walk near Fontanna Di Trevi amid all the beauty of Rome.
In the US, I grew up in New York City and the surrounding suburbs. NYC was my second father and taught me so much. I studied at the amazing School of Visual Arts and was mentored by design goddesses Paula Scher, Carin Goldberg and many many others. You can view more of my work history here. I love NYC and could not imagine living anywhere else.
Some other interesting (and not-so-interesting) facts about me:
- I was in a power trio rock band called HALTER (In any former members of Halter have any recordings or photos --please contact me!!!)
- I was a first grade teacher for about five weeks
- I spent three weeks on holiday in Portugal but I have never been to Spain
- I played viola in High school
- I sang in a church choir
- My shortest committed romantic relationship lasted 20 hours
- I have had more than a couple of psychic experiences but I don't call myself a psychic
- I don't drink
- I have over 20 years (over 36,000 hours!) creating images and design for fashion, beauty, health and home for digital and traditional outlets
- I pretended to have contemplated suicide on a talk show for a friend who was producing the show and needed someone to play the part. It was super tricky because I could not let the guest therapist know I was acting. I think I pulled it off because my friend kept her job.
- I was in an MTV video short.
- I have never watched GIRLS (!)
- I survived being charged by a bull in Portugal
- I saw Mick Jagger driving a Volkswagon station wagon over the Tappan Zee Bridge in New York.